Monday 26 August 2013

Home Made DQ Style Dilly Bar (With Chocolate Ganache Recipe)

I had a brief moment were I think I must have gone insane because I decided to get really ambitious, in August, during the most humid heat wave I can remember. During this heat wave madness I decided that for my lovely fiance's birthday party I would make something special.

So I made this;


A home made Dairy Queen style dilly bar. I didn't name this so laugh all you want. But it was fantastic. I made a french vanilla bean ice cream and used a silicone muffin tray to shape the ice cream into round disks. Then I let the ice cream firm up in the freezer for about 3 hours. While the ice cream disks were setting I made a creamy chocolate ganach. My ice cream treats didn't have the same crunchy chocolate shell as Dairy Queen, but I am pretty proud of them.  

So to make Chocolate Ganache things couldn't be simpler.

Chocolate Ganache

Ingredients:
  • 9 Ounces of Milk Chocolate
  • 2-3 Ounces of Dark Chocolate
  • 1 Cup Whipping Cream
Instructions:
  1. Place the milk and dark chocolate in a large bowl and set a stiff wire whisk nearby. 
  2. In a small sauce pan bring the whipping cream to just a boil. 
  3. Pour the whipping cream over the chocolate and whisk quickly until the chocolate has melted and the ganache looks even and doesn't have any lumps.
And that is Chocolate Ganache! Use it in desserts and impress your friends with your French awesomeness.

To make the Dilly Bar:

Next, ideally while the ice cream is setting in the molds in the freezer, let the ganache cool to about room temperature. Or chill it in the fridge until about 30 minutes before dipping the ice cream.

Prepare a pan or tray that will fit in the freezer and line it with parchment paper.

Once the ganache is ready and the ice cream is set, pop the ice cream out of the molds and stick a candy stick in the middle. Carefully and quickly dip and coat the ice cream pops with the chocolate ganache and place the coated ice cream pops on the parchment lined tray. Work quickly or work in 20 minute intervals because the ice cream will melt.  Place the finished ice cream pops in the freezer for about another hour to let them firm up again. After this I wrapped All mine in Plastic wrap and tied them with a ribbon. Yay ribbon.

Keep frozen and enjoy on a hot summer day and wow your friends!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have read so many articles or reviews concerning the blogger lovers but this
    article is truly a pleasant piece of writing, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts? Questions? Comments? Or did you try this?