Saturday 28 September 2013

Horseradish Herb Crusted Pot Roast

I wasn't sure if I would like Horseradish but several different foodie places I trust told me that it was a pretty tasty ingredient. So I decided to give this a shot and oh my goodness this might be my new favorite way to prepare a pot roast! It is so simple and has a nice warm spicy goodness to it without being over powering. If you love pot roast, or even prime rib, I suggest giving this a try next time you have a nice cut of beef to roast.

Horseradish Herb Crusted Pot Roast

Ingredients:
  • 1 Small Beef Roast
  • 2 Clove minced Garlic
  • 1/4 Cup prepared Horseradish
  • 1 Sprig fresh rosemary or 2 Teaspoons dried
  • 4 Fresh thyme sprigs, or 3 Teaspoons dried
  • 1 Tablespoon pepper
  • 1/4 Cup Olive oil
Instructions:
  1. Mince the fresh herbs and garlic if you are using them. 
  2. In a small bowl mix everything together and massage it into the beef roast on all sides. 
  3. Marinade the beef for at least an hour before roasting or up to over night.  
  4. Be sure to remove the roast from the fridge about 30 minutes before you are ready to roast. 
  5. Roast the beef at 350°F to medium rare. 
  6. Use a meat thermometer! Let rest 15 minutes before carving and slice thinly.
*You can also sear the roast on all sides in a hot skillet over medium heat before finishing the roast in the oven, but I more often than not skip this step. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts? Questions? Comments? Or did you try this?